If there is one thing we know today, social media is not going away any time soon. For most small business owners that can be either a blessing or a curse, depending on how you look at it. Social Media should be a strong part of every marketing plan and it is really something that you cannot be without for your business growth today. Using your social media channels well is important to your connection with your customers, present and future. This image is a great depiction of some of the things that go into a good social media plan.
Many of our clients ask for tips on gaining good engagement so we thought sharing some top tips would be helpful to you too.
Tips To Gain Engagement on Social Media Channels
* Focus on the sites that you feel the most comfortable with first. You do not have to join every site right away. Choose the ones you may have a presence on personally and start your business page.
* Images are critical to great engagement. Choose images that match your content and use those to post to your social media sites.
* Mix up your posts. Do not just post the same type of article or quote daily. Mix up your method and the style to create interest on your page.
* Ask questions and converse with people.
* Run fun, quick giveaways for gain new followers and engagement.
* Share other content and images. Don’t post just your stuff day after day. Social media is all about sharing.
* Share don’t sell. No one wants to see self promoting posts time and time again. Change your focus and engagement will increase.
* Engagement does not happen immediately but if you stay with it, your followers will begin to get to know you, your business and being to engage and share.
These tips will help increase your engagement level and followers. Keep it real and fun. Heck, you may even start liking it!
image courtesy of freedigitalimages.net and smarnad