Ghostwriting has been a long term profession traditionally used by authors of books. With the onset of the increasing use of the internet for business and especially with the increasing usage of article marketing over the past six years, ghostwriting has changed dramatically.
Ghostwriters, also known as freelance writers, are now finding that they are in high demand for much more than just writing books. The profession of writing has been steadily changing and now writers have so many different areas that they can become an expert in and earn a decent wage.
The demand for writers is ever increasing. Here are 7 different ways that you can use your writing skills as a business opportunity.
7 Business Opportunities For Aspiring Ghostwriters
1) Article Marketing – highly in demand and an ever growing necessity. Any business owner that has an internet site needs content. The smaller the business, the more they many need to outsource and purchase ghostwritten products.
2) Press Releases – still an excellent way to announce business changes. Hiring a writer to write a great press release can drive a lot of traffic and being able to write a good release will make you good money.
3) Blog Posts – any and every internet business should have some type of blog to interact with their clients. Keeping fresh content is critical and being able to write good content can be great pay.
4) Ebooks – writing an expanded article called an ebook is a fabulous way to earn a living and the demand on certain topics is high. These ebooks are resold multiple times by the client.
5) Ad Copy – usually written by marketing specialists, but if you have experience in writing good copy, you can make great money writing it for others
6) Social Media – writing for social media outlets is becoming increasingly popular. It can be a bit controversial as customers want to know that they are interacting with the company, but it may be a decent addition to ones writing repertoire if you are an expert in social media and how it works.
7) Reports and Books – expanding your business into reports and books can be a great addition to your ghostwriting business. Most likely the best way to earn the most amount of money.
I am sure that there are many other ways that a writer can use their skills to earn a living. Each of these methods is a viable business opportunity on their own but combining the ones you are familiar with may carve out a great niche for you to market and grow your own ghostwriting business.