In every small business, regardless of size, there is a need for original content. It is a well known fact that Google thrives on content to drive traffic to your site. It also allows you to open up the lines of communication with your customer and shows your authority in your business knowledge. Plus it creates the perfect tie in with your design and advertising campaign.
But with time as tight as it is, choosing a good freelance writer (ghostwriter) can be extremely helpful to you and your business. Don’t know where to start?
Here are 6 tips for choosing a great freelance writer for your small business
1. Experience: The freelance writer that you hire should have experience in the type of work you are asking them to complete. While they don’t have to have 20 years of experience, they should have enough experience to complete the tasks in a professional and timely manner.
2. Services: A good freelance writer will offer a wide variety of writing services. Even if you only need one service from them, it is nice to know that you can get additional services from the same business should the need arise. This will keep all of your writing work streamlined and organized when working with only one professional company.
3. A good freelance writer will work with your ideas and will be open to new ones. They will listen to your needs and put your voice into the completed written piece. It is important that all work written on your behalf to have a unified voice and to sound like it has come from one writer, not several.
4. Examples of Past Work: You should have access to written examples of past work and you should take the time to read those examples to make sure the freelance writer can deliver the type of work that you expect. Please note ~ ghostwriters do NOT tell you which clients they have worked with in the past or who they are currently working with as this would be a “breach” of a ghostwriting contract.
5. A good writer will ask you for your thoughts, ideas and for a topics list so that they know exactly what direction you want your content to go in. This will save you time, money and headaches down the road.
6. A professional service will deliver ONLY original content!
If your business is in need of content, using a freelance writer is a great option. You can buy articles in bulk and have them delivered daily, weekly, monthly or whenever you need them. Check out our service page and perhaps we would be a great fit for you and your business.
Image Courtesy of Stuart Miles